HR & People Operations Executive
Salary: Up to £40,000 plus bonus & amazing benefits
Location: Hoxton, London, N1
Industry: Tech/ IT
Do you love people? Are you passionate about HR and thinking outside of the box? Do you thrive in a modern and forward thinking environment? If the answer is yes then this role is for you!
Our client is a modern and forward-thinking IT innovation business that empowers their clients to aspire and succeed by using innovative and cutting-edge technology to ensure they are heads above the competition. They work in close partnership with their clients to deliver impactful and sustainable business outcomes. With a cliental across enterprise, commercial and public sectors their main aim is to increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences.
We are now looking for a forward-thinking and results-orientated HR & People Operations Executive to join our lively team. With lots of exciting plans we’re looking for someone with lots of passion and motivation who works with authenticity, integrity and high-energy to be part of our exciting future plans!
Our ideal candidate will be a real people’s person with the ability to relate to others and who works well in a team environment. You will have previous generalist HR experience, up to date on employment law and able to build deep and trusted relationships across the business.
In this role you will play an essential role on people related matters and policies crafting optimal conditions for the team to learn, develop and perform.
We are truly passionate about our culture and values and are looking for someone with integrity and drive to be part of an incredible organisation! We appreciate the huge significance of hiring, developing and effectively managing our workforce and this role will be central to these things where you will be at the heart of everything that we do people related.
We thrive on diversity, personal experiences, ideas and thinking outside of the box! Our moto is relationships first, think differently, be responsible, get excited, go beyond!
- Help to shape and execute against our People Plan in support of the wider business strategy
- Management of contracts of employment
- Keep up to date with employment legislation
- Contribute to the development of performance reviews and development plan processes
- Track and review key HR metrics and trends including; headcount, sickness absence, cost per hire, time per hire and employee retention, maintained within the PX digital dashboard
- Provide full HR administrative and service support on a day to day basis to the business and team
- Maintain all employee records on the HR database
- Explore people trends in recruitment and talent management
- Manage monthly payroll changes and adjustments to ensure smooth and seamless remuneration process
- Management of employee benefits package
- Be authentic and champion our values and culture at all times
Employee Relations (ER)
- Advise on policy and aligning the business to existing and new HR policies
- Protect the business by ensuring legal compliance that is culturally in line with our brand values.
- Manage ER casework as required, involving consultation, grievances, disciplinary, performance management and settlement agreements.
- Work with the business to review, define and roll-employee guidelines, policies and procedures, where required.
- Sourcing and direct approach of suitable candidates using various platforms
- Meeting with team members to identify potential referrals from their own networks
- Undertake first contact with candidate and telephone screening
- Support recruitment and on boarding processes, providing and advising on role specifications,
- Contribute to recruitment decisions where appropriate
- Organise, manage and where required carry out interviews for new opportunities
- Hands on experience within a generalist HR role
- Solid knowledge and application of UK employment law and legislation
- Experience within all aspects of HR including recruitment, on-boarding, employee relations, HR policy, compensation and benefits
- Solid team leading and people management skills
· Proficient with all Microsoft packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
- Experience of using People HR desirable but not essential
- Motivated, personable and full of passion for what you do
- High level of emotional intelligence
- The ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication with effective writing style
- Hardworking, meticulous attention to detail
- Warm, friendly and engaging
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi task
- Confident and relatable
What our clients and candidates say
Anouska was the perfect balance of professionalism and approachability. She simplified every step of the hiring process and really supported me from my initial interviews to my first day at work. I would highly recommend her expert help and support to anyone looking for a new challenge or career change.
“I just wanted to send a note to say thank you for your time this week! It was really refreshing to meet someone in recruitment who doesn’t see you as a number and actually listens to what it is that you’re looking for and what would be best suited! First time I’ve come away from a recruiters meeting and felt confident……ever!”
“Anouska is one of the most genuine and honest recruiters I have worked with, she understands people and most importantly gets to know you. She made my whole experience so easy and found me a job I genuinely enjoy going to every day!”
Anouska and her team at Office Collective were a pleasure to work with, beyond the basics of a professional recruiter, Office Collective goes that extra mile to get to know you and what makes you tick. As a result, Office Collective placed me in the most challenging and rewarding role of my career to date. If you’re looking to take that next step, you’ll be in great hands with Office Collective. Highly recommend.
“Very customer centric journey – from start to finish I was well informed and Office Collective were very kind and supportive. I got the job so, thank you!”
Holly Smith (candidate)
“From the first moment of connection through LinkedIn, Anouska demonstrated a uniquely empathetic approach to building a relationship with me. She is a talented, astute individual, with a genuine commitment to providing the best service possible. Her professionalism is a credit to her employer, and I have no hesitation in recommending her to others. I trust Anouska to provide the best, and most appropriate candidates to me. To date, she has not let me down once”.
Edmund Monk I CEO I The Learning & Performance Institute
“I enjoy working with the Office Collective. They consistently provide us with excellent candidates. They are quick, efficient and extremely transparent which is something I really appreciate”.
Alan Fayolle I Group Managing Director I Foreverbeta
“Office Collective helped me find my new position in London! Office Collective was very supportive and professional throughout the entire process. If anyone is looking for a new role or if you are looking to hire for your business I couldn’t recommend using Office Collective highly enough! I couldn’t be happier, and I am very excited to start my new career in London!”
If anyone is looking for outstanding recruitment going forwards I highly recommend Office Collective! After some very positive & successful hires for our business, I would like to spread the word. Office Collective is experienced in recruiting for entry level positions through to senior level roles across all industry sectors. Their specialist sectors are Office Support, HR, Marketing, Finance and Sales. We were very sceptical at first with using an outside recruiter, however they learnt the business and have performed extremely well.
Daniel Price I Co-Founder I My 1st years
“I would highly recommend Anouska and the team at Office Collective. They took the time to find out what kind of role I needed and matched me perfectly. Office Collective was always on the end of the phone and very supportive. I’m now a year into my role and I’m happy to say we’re still in contact. I would definitely go to Office Collective again for any recruitment needs.”
“Office Collective helped us secure a new Office Manager. They placed a number of candidates in front of us and listened and responded accordingly to our feedback. It took us only a few weeks to find the right person and she has settled in well and is doing a great job. We would definitely use Anouska and the team again should the need arise.”
Director of Operations I City of London Group
“We have worked with Office Collective on a number of recruitment searches including Executive Assistants, Sales Executives and Systems Trainers and every time they have delivered an excellent service. We have built a trusted relationship with the team and we will continue to work with them. We see them as a partner in helping to build a fantastic team at Informa.”
Stephen Henderson | Group HR | Informa
“I’ve found Office Collective to be extremely thorough and diligent. Their attention to detail and commitment to whatever role we put to them is why Office Collective are a preferred supplier”
David Gabbie (Joint CEO) Beauty Bay
“Anouska is an extremely efficient, commercial and helpful consultant who has sourced numerous roles for our firm. I would highly recommend her to anyone!”
Jamie Beale | Partner | LXI REIT Advisors
“Searching for a new job can sometimes be a daunting task but working with Office Collective to secure the next step in my career was an absolute pleasure. Not only were they friendly, professional and insightful, but the whole recruitment process was streamlined meaning I was able to secure employment a lot sooner than I had expected. I was given all of the necessary information and support to help prepare for my interview and I can’t thank Office Collective enough! I couldn’t recommend working with the team more.”
“I always enjoy working with the team at Office Collective. They are creative in their approach, focused on delivering the best candidates and great to work with throughout the process. I highly recommend working with them again in the future.”