HR & Office Manager – Online Retail brand
Up to £40k + benefits
Location: Kings Cross
WHO ARE WE
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of high-quality personalised gifts for baby and children, as worn by the likes of “Prince George, Luna Legend and Blue Ivy”. Since launching 8 years ago the business has grown to over 100 team members (30 in London’s head office) and, just like their revenue, is growing fast! Despite our extensive growth, we've remained true to our core values of top quality, excellent values, and really have built an amazing team!
As the HR Advisor & Office Manager, you are a key ambassador for the brand, being the first point of contact both internally and externally. You are responsible for ensuring that all office and employee operations run smoothly, from making sure that key meetings run on time to maintaining HR policies, records and managing diaries.
You are positive, energetic, logical, professional and committed to implementing the small and big touches that helps the business an incredible great place to work. You will be calm under pressure and able to deal with challenging situations with ease working on your own autonomy with little need of direction.
As the HR Advisor & Office Manager, you will have a natural aptitude to learn and digest information whilst being the first point of contact both internally and externally. You will be a natural people person with the ability to understand and read others needs in a natural and emotionally intellectually aware manner.
- The company point of contact for all HR queries
- Manage all employee relations issues, including, but not limited to, grievance, sickness, and redundancy, liaising with our external employment lawyers as required
- Maintaining the HR system
- Keeping up to date with any employee updates and completing all HR paperwork for all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Liaising with managers to assist with administration around recruitment including helping refine job descriptions, posting adverts and arranging interviews
PA & Diary Management
- Maintaining, organising and gatekeeping calendars for Founders and booking rooms or restaurants where necessary
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Assisting with personal to-do lists for Founders
- Proactively recognising and managing any requirements or issues with diary management or to do lists
- Booking rooms for meetings
- Working closely with the wider business in planning for key events such as Black Friday and assisting where possible
- Ensuring that daily stand-up meetings happen
- Ordering office stationary and additional items as requested from the wider team
- Attend key company meetings including, but limited to, weekly Trade and SLT meetings to ensure they run to time and taking minutes that are escalated to the team and circulating agenda ahead of the meeting where required
- Being a key ambassador for the brand and doing all you can to help ensure a positive and efficient working environment
- Previous experience in office management, preferably within a creative background
- Someone with a psychology degree background is desirable but not essential
- Previous HR Administration/Advisor experience is essential
- Excellent attention to detail that doesn’t falter when working under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels in the business and with external stakeholders
- Confident and professional in holding team members and SMT accountable for actions and in responding to challenges from others
- Proactive in using initiative to recognise and manage office and employee needs
- A strong natural aptitude with the desire to learn and grow
- A natural team player who can integrate with others at all levels
- CIPD qualified or equivalent or working towards desirable but not essential
Office Manager / HR Advisor – how to apply:
To be considered for this Office Manager / HR Advisor position, please email your CV immediately with reference “Office Manager / HR Advisor
Due to the high volume of applicants, Office Collective can only respond to successful candidates. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.
What our clients and candidates say
Anouska was the perfect balance of professionalism and approachability. She simplified every step of the hiring process and really supported me from my initial interviews to my first day at work. I would highly recommend her expert help and support to anyone looking for a new challenge or career change.
“I just wanted to send a note to say thank you for your time this week! It was really refreshing to meet someone in recruitment who doesn’t see you as a number and actually listens to what it is that you’re looking for and what would be best suited! First time I’ve come away from a recruiters meeting and felt confident……ever!”
“Anouska is one of the most genuine and honest recruiters I have worked with, she understands people and most importantly gets to know you. She made my whole experience so easy and found me a job I genuinely enjoy going to every day!”
Anouska and her team at Office Collective were a pleasure to work with, beyond the basics of a professional recruiter, Office Collective goes that extra mile to get to know you and what makes you tick. As a result, Office Collective placed me in the most challenging and rewarding role of my career to date. If you’re looking to take that next step, you’ll be in great hands with Office Collective. Highly recommend.
“Very customer centric journey – from start to finish I was well informed and Office Collective were very kind and supportive. I got the job so, thank you!”
Holly Smith (candidate)
“From the first moment of connection through LinkedIn, Anouska demonstrated a uniquely empathetic approach to building a relationship with me. She is a talented, astute individual, with a genuine commitment to providing the best service possible. Her professionalism is a credit to her employer, and I have no hesitation in recommending her to others. I trust Anouska to provide the best, and most appropriate candidates to me. To date, she has not let me down once”.
Edmund Monk I CEO I The Learning & Performance Institute
“I enjoy working with the Office Collective. They consistently provide us with excellent candidates. They are quick, efficient and extremely transparent which is something I really appreciate”.
Alan Fayolle I Group Managing Director I Foreverbeta
“Office Collective helped me find my new position in London! Office Collective was very supportive and professional throughout the entire process. If anyone is looking for a new role or if you are looking to hire for your business I couldn’t recommend using Office Collective highly enough! I couldn’t be happier, and I am very excited to start my new career in London!”
If anyone is looking for outstanding recruitment going forwards I highly recommend Office Collective! After some very positive & successful hires for our business, I would like to spread the word. Office Collective is experienced in recruiting for entry level positions through to senior level roles across all industry sectors. Their specialist sectors are Office Support, HR, Marketing, Finance and Sales. We were very sceptical at first with using an outside recruiter, however they learnt the business and have performed extremely well.
Daniel Price I Co-Founder I My 1st years
“I would highly recommend Anouska and the team at Office Collective. They took the time to find out what kind of role I needed and matched me perfectly. Office Collective was always on the end of the phone and very supportive. I’m now a year into my role and I’m happy to say we’re still in contact. I would definitely go to Office Collective again for any recruitment needs.”
“Office Collective helped us secure a new Office Manager. They placed a number of candidates in front of us and listened and responded accordingly to our feedback. It took us only a few weeks to find the right person and she has settled in well and is doing a great job. We would definitely use Anouska and the team again should the need arise.”
Director of Operations I City of London Group
“We have worked with Office Collective on a number of recruitment searches including Executive Assistants, Sales Executives and Systems Trainers and every time they have delivered an excellent service. We have built a trusted relationship with the team and we will continue to work with them. We see them as a partner in helping to build a fantastic team at Informa.”
Stephen Henderson | Group HR | Informa
“I’ve found Office Collective to be extremely thorough and diligent. Their attention to detail and commitment to whatever role we put to them is why Office Collective are a preferred supplier”
David Gabbie (Joint CEO) Beauty Bay
“Anouska is an extremely efficient, commercial and helpful consultant who has sourced numerous roles for our firm. I would highly recommend her to anyone!”
Jamie Beale | Partner | LXI REIT Advisors
“Searching for a new job can sometimes be a daunting task but working with Office Collective to secure the next step in my career was an absolute pleasure. Not only were they friendly, professional and insightful, but the whole recruitment process was streamlined meaning I was able to secure employment a lot sooner than I had expected. I was given all of the necessary information and support to help prepare for my interview and I can’t thank Office Collective enough! I couldn’t recommend working with the team more.”
“I always enjoy working with the team at Office Collective. They are creative in their approach, focused on delivering the best candidates and great to work with throughout the process. I highly recommend working with them again in the future.”